Funding Assistance Grant
The purpose of this grant is to provide members of Ups and Downs with funding assistance when these funds are not available through government or community resources. It is our hope that this grant will enrich the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and those who care for them.
The funds are intended to assist individuals with Down syndrome to participate in activities in the community; thereby facilitating inclusion.
Prior to submission, all grant applicants must complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service with Ups and Downs. Some of these hours must include volunteering at Street Meet or our Casino.
1. Must directly benefit an individual with Down syndrome; in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian can apply on their behalf.
2. The individual applying must currently be a member of Ups and Downs and have been a member in good standing, for one year. All members in good standing are eligible to apply (in the case of a board member applying for the grant, the member will abstain from voting on the eligibility to receive the grant).
3. Preference will be given to those members who have actively participated on a volunteer basis (20 hours has to be performed prior to submitting the application) in some capacity for Ups and Downs as well as those who attend the current Annual General Meeting.
4. The request must not fall under the mandate of other funding sources, e.g. FSCD, Alberta Aids to Daily Living.
5. Grants will be awarded to a maximum of $500.00 per individual per calendar year.
1. Fill in grant application and mail it to: Ups and Downs, Grant Application, PO Box 61180, Kensington RPO, Calgary AB T2N 4N6
2. We require a letter indicating how the grant will help to enrich the life of an individual with Down syndrome.
3. If you have already spent the funds, please also include your original receipts.
4. We will then send you a letter indicating if your request has been approved or not
Please note: applications will be accepted for individuals wishing to pre-approve their request prior to spending the funds or have already spent the funds and are now seeking approval and reimbursement.
1. Once your request is approved please submit a copy of the pre-approval letter along with a copy of your original receipts for reimbursement to: Ups and Downs, Grant Application, PO Box 61180, Kensington RPO, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N6
2. If you submitted your original receipts to us with your application, you will receive a reimbursement cheque with an approval letter, if you application is approved.
The Executive Board of Ups and Downs will govern this grant. The board will review applications and decide which will be approved.