Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Ups & Downs – Calgary Down Syndrome Association!
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist, including positions at our annual fundraiser (Street Meet), seminars, conferences, seasonal parties and events, and more.
We currently have the following exciting opportunities for volunteers:
Street Meet 2022 – We’re back in-person for Street Meet this year and are on the hunt for volunteers to help us pull it off. We’re hoping that this year will be extra fun after having to be online the last two years. If you’re interest in supporting us on June 18th from 9 am and 2 pm. Click here for details abou the event.
Street Meet 2022 volunteers are required in the following areas – Set up, Take down, Registration, BBQ and Games/Entertainment
Volunteer Positions Available
- Volunteer coordinator: volunteer recruitment, volunteer onboarding, coordination of volunteers for programs, volunteer recognition, volunteer processes including implementation of Keela, tracking waivers, police checks,etc. (approx. 5-8 hours a week)
- Member relations: Current member engagement, re-engagement of past members, membership fees, membership questions, member benefits, research resources for members, member programming (working with program coordinator), birthday acknowledgements (email, social posts,etc.)(approx. 5-8 hours a week)
- Communications Coordinator: Working on Google Search, Website coordination, blogs, engaging members and volunteers for communication pieces, updating current marketing for fund development committee, assistance on email and social posts as needed. (approx. 2-3 hours a week)
- Street Meet Fundraiser Committee: Assistance in planning, coordinating and executing our signature Street Meet Family Run/Walk fundraiser including recruitment of participants, marketing, engagement of members, donations for raffle, BBQ, planning and booking entertainment, coordination of member talent show, etc. (approx. 5-8 hours a week from March – June)
- Event Volunteer: On an event basis, volunteering to set up and take down events, engage with members, watch exits, ensure safety of members, etc. (approx. 4 hours per event)
- Drivers and Delivery Volunteer: As needed when we have packages to deliver with the organization (hours may differ depending on # of deliveries)
If you are interested in learning more or applying for the above positions; please do the following:
- Want to apply:
- Please email email@example.com with your preferred role, your resume and reason for choosing Ups & Downs if you would like to apply.
Download a list of 21 Questions About Trisomy 21.