Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Ups & Downs – Calgary Down Syndrome Association!
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist, including positions at our annual fundraiser (Street Meet), seminars, conferences, seasonal parties and events, and more.
We currently have the following exciting opportunities for volunteers:
Teens Christmas Party
- Location: CKE Community Center on December 17th from 5 to 9 pm.
- Host: This volunteer will receive the keys to open and close the facility. Should be able to coordinate all volunteers, make sure everything is setup for the event and clean at the end, take pictures of the event and be in communication with providers if needed.
- 4-5 Supporting volunteers: They will help with setup and clean up, and some volunteers will be assigned to the registration table or the snack table. Other activities can include quiet time, dance with our members, make sure everyone is safe and having fun.
18+ Game Night
- Location: Event hosted at St Andrews on December 10th from 5:30 to 8 pm.
- Host: Main face for the event. In charge of planning the games and activities for the event.
- 2-3 Supporting volunteers: They will play with members, welcome registered participants, get snacks ready and serve them, help with setup and cleaning activities.
Want to apply:
- Complete our volunteer form so you can find out about opportunities as they become available.
Download a list of 21 Questions About Trisomy 21.