Who We Are
Ups and Downs is a registered, non-profit, volunteer-run organization for parents, families and friends of people with Down syndrome. Founded in 1984 by a group of parents with shared goals, Ups and Downs now provides a wide variety of services and personal involvement opportunities to the Calgary area and Southern Alberta.
Lifelong partnerships that foster friendships, family connections, healthy lifestyles, inclusive community and a future without limitations.
To be a vibrant family support group that enriches the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their families by providing a network of resources, sharing common experiences, learning together, and creating awareness in the broader community.
- Provide an opportunity for the families of people with Down syndrome to come together on a regular basis to share experiences and exchange information.
- Advocate on behalf of people with Down syndrome for their rights as individuals.
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome into our society, thereby allowing them to attain their maximum developmental potential.
- Gather and disseminate up-to-date information about Down syndrome to our membership, health care professionals, education professionals and the general public.
- Foster and maintain liaisons with other groups interested in improving the quality of life for individuals with Down syndrome